Sunday, January 22, 2006

Keep on Rocking in the Free World!

Had a great night last night!

I went to a pub in town called the Bell and Barrel and saw a local band playing classic rock anthems. Something I haven't done for ages because the last year of uni was so hectic, as work has recently. There's something about rock music that gives me a buzz, just the dirty energy of it. As I looked around we were the youngest people in the whole pub, everyone else was 30+ which was actually quite refreshing. I've spent too much time being dragged around on nights out to places I don't want to go and are usually frequented by 18yr olds. Hope I don't sound like an old fart! Maybe I am... wheres my pipe and slippers?

Anyway, watching them play really brought back the days when I used to spend every weekend going to watch bands big or small, metal or punk in dirty local pubs and 15,000 capacity venues. I haven't seen a decent live band since Reading festival last year, which to be honest I only went to to take my mind off other things. Me and my mates spent most of the night debating whether the singer looked like an overweight Chad Kroeger (Nickelback) or underweight Meatloaf. We never decided.

Last night for a few hours someone would have had to remind me of what happened in London, I was too busy tapping my foot and nodding away. However, they played Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd, which reminded me of Live8, an event that obviously reminds me of July 7th. I wanted to post something without the words "July" and "7th" in I honestly did, but they had to play it didn't they.

I'll be going back next week, who's on? Maybe a midget Bon Jovi, Axl Rose in drag or Alice Cooper one man band? I have no idea, all I know is I shall be there.

Grow up? No way! I'm happy hanging out with all the ageing rockers!

1 Comments:

Blogger fjl said...

So that's what I am now, is it? An aging rocker?.. :-)
Vis a vis the pirate nurd, I wonder if it's the same as the blog pest. You have to be really tough with it and threaten to whop their a**e

2:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>