Monday, March 06, 2006

Entrepreneur.

Watch out Branson! As of today I am officially the owner of my own business, I have yet to name it, and am currently a ‘sole trader’, but I am toying with the name ‘splinter‘. Unfortunately several companies already have it, so I may need a variation of it, something to look into. My official line of work is ‘Industrial Product Design‘, which means I can work in any field of design, right through from concept to engineering for mass manufacture. This route wasn’t intentional, it was a way of working part time and flexibly while motivation wasn’t that easy to come across, but is now turning into a longer term venture. At present I am largely working freelance for others but have a few concepts which I believe are commercially viable and will follow up. Strangely, I am now more determined than ever, and after a real letdown last year feel I could now possibly make it on my own! To the future…

5 Comments:

Blogger Bumble Bee said...

Well done Steve!
We will definately toast the start of your own company on Thursday.
It's the start of a new adventure for you, and something very positive.
BBx

1:45 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

hurrah!

to the future!

*chink chink*

3:56 PM  
Blogger Holly Finch said...

fantastic....many toasts on thurs....hx

5:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Excellent news Steve!!

All the best...

2:24 AM  
Blogger steve said...

Thanks very much for youre wishes,
will keep you posted.

6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>