Sunday, December 03, 2006

The Blog Digest 2007...

… by Justin McKeating, includes a post I wrote on here, about when I went down to London to mark the first anniversary of the bombings. I got my complimentary copy a week or so ago, it’s well worth a look. If you are familiar with the blogging phenomenon it is a good summary of spot-on blog material from the past year, by people who want to write, about what they want to write about. Surely there is no better motive to write. If you aren’t familiar with blogging then it is a good, broad overview of just what all the fuss is about, in a familiar form. I’m honoured to be included in it, I’m no writer, I design and engineer products, so it is a nice surprise to be in it. Cheers Justin! Have a look!



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I have written only one thing since that post, I just haven’t felt the urge to write that I had when I started this blog. But that doesn’t mean I had “got over” the very reason I began writing on here. In fact, the last couple of months of counseling were the hardest by far, and I probably only really began to deal with what happened at this time. I have now finished counseling, and generally feel great, better than ever, but sometimes it does creep back. Usually in a subconscious manner, I’ve actually been getting quite a few horrific nightmares lately, while I have had bad dreams before, never this many, and never so graphic. But generally I’m doing good!!

It was always my intention to turn this blog into one based around design (product, furniture and industrial) when I felt like I had run dry, and hopefully it will soon, when I can get back into writing with more regularity. Getting something published, albeit only one and a bit pages, has reminded me that I do actually enjoy writing, and it has pulled something good out of an otherwise pretty bleak year.

Hope to be back sooner rather than later.

7 Comments:

Blogger Holly Finch said...

glad you're doing well...congrats with the digest...i made it too! and agree that discovering the joy of writing, plus the added bonus of being published has added a much needed silver lining to the year.

i too have been suffering from the - to blog or not to blog - dilemma and am trying to write about things other than bombs! good to hear you again...
hx

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve, after reading that last paragraph, I don't care if it only sells three copies. Reading this has made it all worthwhile. Keep writing.

12:27 PM  
Blogger fjl said...

Steve I'm glad you got a break here. x

6:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your article is very informative and helped me further.

Thanks, David

6:32 PM  
Blogger kimfletch said...

Hi Steve

I am sorry if i should not contact you in this way but i am currently in my final year at University and am completing my dissertation on emotion related memories, and the ways negative memories impact our lives. I am stumbled upon your blog and would very much like to cite it in my dissertion, however i would not want to do this with out your permission.

would this be ok with you.

I do not know how blogs work really and so i have set up a blog for youto respond to.

thanks, kim

5:32 AM  
Blogger steve said...

Hi Kim, I can't post on your blog as there is nothing to respond to, I hope you get this comment. Please feel free to quote from my blog, hope it helps somehow.

Steve

1:47 PM  
Blogger nguyen said...

thanks

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>