Sunday, April 16, 2006

Barcelona

Yesterday I got back from Barcelona, I was visiting a great friend I met through KCU, Sila, (she recently started a blog too). It was so last minute I didn’t have time to blog I was going. It’s weird to think that if that very bad thing never happened, we would never have met. Especially so as it dropped out of our conversations so long ago, it feels like it never happened. We never mentioned it all the time I was in Barcelona. It rarely gets mentioned ever anyway. Our friendship started as she had the same reaction as me when she joined KCU, massive shock, so I was reassuring her it was normal for a while. She has listened to a lot of my July 7th junk too, so it works well, and I’m so glad we got the chance to meet, it’s just a shame it was in such a horrific way. She was in the 1st carriage the other side of the bomber and went to Russel Square, so it wasn't till March 9th until we met. It’s great when positive things emerge from the negative, it brings a lot of closure.

I wasn’t nervous about flying, just excited to be going, it was my first time flying on my own but I was fine. Barcelona was amazing, so beautiful. Gorgeous architecture almost everywhere, (the image is Gaudi's Sagrada Familia) and the laid back atmosphere was just what I needed. I always feel quite at home around the Mediterranean because my mum is half Spanish, even though I can‘t speak a word. One day I’m going to trace my ancestry back. Sila did an amazing job as a tour guide until she got severe bronchitis on the last day. Pleasant. A lot of people on our train have had repeated severe chest infections, including me, bronchitis should be renamed Bin Laden disease. I spent the last day strolling along the beach for hours, how touristy!

I didn’t want to write about it yesterday, I had the back from holiday blues, or should that be back to the dung hole that is St Helens blues. I feel the benefits of my break today though, I feel re-energised, rejuvenated and raring to go! Bring it on!

6 Comments:

Blogger fjl said...

Fab! x Give me the mediterrainian sea over too much choccy anyday. Very jealous! Glad to have you home.
You missed nothing except an avalanche of loons on Rach's blog *wink* and FJL losing her rag with them for once which was a sight to see. :-)

12:28 PM  
Blogger Sila said...

Hi darling boy,
I am so glad you've had a good time. I have had a great time too.
The only thing I regret is that you passed me this bronchitis ;-)
Well..it can't be all good...
...and you tried your first rabbit my mum cooked...good, mhhh...
Hope you come back soon, as you know, "mi casa es tu casa" and the sun is starting shining so much in Spain, started raining when you left thou...
See you on the 16th and the whole family from KCU,
Silvia

1:13 PM  
Blogger steve said...

Hi Silvia!
Course I had a great time, and the rabbit was good. Mum's cooking, mmmm. I will definately be back at some point, hopefully soon, and see you on the 16th.

Steve

5:24 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

So glad you both had a great time - another good thing to have come out of a bad thing.

xx

4:33 AM  
Blogger fjl said...

Hi, just saw your comment on Rach's blog. On the contrary, bring up all the wombat theories so we can all have a giggle! :-)
I have left you and kcu a message on my blog x

11:37 AM  
Blogger fjl said...

We have spoken since.
Stevie just to say hope you n' Rach are well xx Be encouraged, as twits will go, and good discourse will prevail. You've done the right thing.

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>